Na ZFMeetupu 31. 10. 2013 jsme měli dvě přednášky
Na posledním ZFMeetupu 21. 2. 2013 nám Štěpán Zikmund ukazoval, jak snadněji, elegantněji a veseleji organizovat CSS soubory na větších projektech.
ZF 2 is currently under heavy development (beta4 should be coming out this week). There are many commits and merged pull requests every day. That's great! I like trying new stuff. I even based some schoolwork on ZF2 beta2.
But! There are many ZF 1 applications in the wild. And because there won't be an easy migration path to ZF 2 (except for the complete rewrite), I suppose that many people will have to support ZF 1 apps for at least a few more years. It would be nice to have some rock-solid ZF 1 version to which those apps could be upgraded (ZF 1.11.11 was released 8 months ago).
Zend Framework 1.12
(this text is influenced by the fact, that I have upgraded our app to ZF 1 trunk with a plan to swap it with the 1.12 final by the end of April)
ZF team announced another release in ZF 1 branch – 1.12. It should be the last minor version for ZF1. It was supposed to be released in April…and still isn't here by the end of May. It somehow feels as if the Zend said „ZF 2 is the topmost priority, ZF 1.12 isn't.“.
I wonder when the 1.12 is coming out. I even think it would be better to release it now, even if there are some unresolved issues – most of them were there for a long time. I would prefer to have 1.12 with many fixed issues soon (followed by 1.12.1 later), than perfect 1.12.0 for Christmas. I suggest moving back to faster relase cycle (maintenance release every month) – 1.11.12 was promised to bude released in October 2011.
But if I can choose, I'd like to have at least the following patched issues fixed in ZF 1.12.0 (most of them should be just „apply patch&commit“) :)
List of issues I somehow got involved in:
- ZF-10690 – Zend_Validate_EmailAddress setMessage does not work properly
- ZF-10803 – Form ID overrides Fieldset ID and causes dupe IDs
- ZF-12113 – Zend_Test error messages should be more verbose
- ZF-12207 – Remove Zend_Service_Simpy
- ZF-12213 – Zend_Validate – Writing Validators – outdated
- ZF-12214 – Zend_Cache_Backend_File – improve error messages for cache_dir
- ZF-12215 – Typos in Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_Redirector docblocks
Issues for ZF1 failing tests
- ZF-5024 – Symlink function fail causes Zend_OpenId_Consumer to fail
- ZF-12201 – Zend_Filter_HtmlEntitiesTest fails on Windows
- ZF-12202 – Some Zend_Http_UserAgent test fail on Windows
- ZF-12179 – Zend_Loader_ClassMapAutoloaderTest fails – cannot load from Phar
- ZF-12197 – Zend_Locale_FormatTest::testIsFloat fails in localized environment
- ZF-12199 – Zend_Locale_FormatTest::testIsDate fails on localized environment
We had another regular ZFMeetup here in Prague, Czech Republic, yesterday. Because there were just three of us – Tomáš Fejfar, Ondra Machulda and me – Martin Hujer we decided to rather do some bughunting to help getting the ZF 1.12 out.
Zend Framework 1.12 is a bit delayed because of failing tests, so we focused mainly on them. Tomáš and I were testing on Windows machines, Ondra on his fine-tuned Gentoo.
We went through the failing tests and tried to resolve especially those, which were not failing in other environments (according to the testing reports in GDocs).
List of the resolved (patched) or at least reported and defined issues:
- ZF-12177 – Zend_Config_JsonTest fails – [PATCHED]
- ZF-5024 – Symlink function fail causes Zend_OpenId_Consumer to fail [PATCHED]
- ZF-12197 – Zend_Locale_FormatTest::testIsFloat fails in localized environment [REPORTED]
- ZF-12199 – Zend_Locale_FormatTest::testIsDate fails on localized environment [REPORTED]
- ZF-12200 – Zend_Http_UserAgentTest parse error on Windows [PATCHED]
- ZF-12201 Zend_Filter_HtmlEntitiesTest fails on Windows [REPORTED]
- ZF-12202 – Some Zend_Http_UserAgent test fail on Windows [REPORTED]
- ZF-12203 – Zend_Service_DeveloperGarden test failing when SOAP extension unavailable [PATCHED]
- ZF-12204 – Zend_Crypt_Rsa tests errors without openssl extension [PATCHED]
- ZF-12180 – Zend_Search_Lucene tests fail on second run [PATCHED]
- ZF-12179 – Zend_Loader_ClassMapAutoloaderTest fails – cannot load from Phar [PATCHED]
- ZF-12113 – Zend_Test error messages should be more verbose [PATCHED] //Another issue, which had patch for some time and I just want to bring attention to it :)
Some photos from the event:
Ačkoliv měla být verze 1.11 poslední v jedničkové řadě, rozhodl se ZF team před ZF2 vydat ještě verzi 1.12.
Můžeme se těšit na nové komponenty:
- EventManager backportovaný ze ZF 2.
- Autoloader backportovaný ze ZF 2.
- Zend_Http_Mobile je teď založený na brows cap.
- Zend_Mobile_Push od Mike Willbanks
- Zend_Gdata_Analytics od Daniel Hartmann
Koncem března by měla vyjít RC verze a v dubnu finální. Nicméně nové funkce si můžete vyzkoušet i teď, pokud si checkoutnete SVNko (dokonce by bylo super, kdybyste zkusili, jestli vaše aplikace běží na 1.12 a případné chyby reportovali!)